Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Hiatus


Okay, okay, I know it's been awhile, but I've been determined to post something in December, so here it is, an official DR update.

There are a few things going on DR at the moment, even in the midst of holiday preparations and festivities. The website should be up in the next week and can actually be seen now in it's construction phase. Feel free to check it out. I always like looking at new developments as they're being constructed - one can imagine all the possibilities at this stage in development. I hope you feel the same about the site. www.desertrainthemovie.com. We'll be polished and live soon enough!

The cutting is on hold until after the New Year. Since I'll be doing the bulk of the fine cutting, I've decided to take a healthy break to regain a fresh perspective. In the meantime, besides building the official website, I've been sharing the cut with fellow filmmakers and established producers that have been down the post-production and distribution road before. The feedback has been encouraging and constructive, and I've been collecting the notes. Needless to say, I'm excited about the outlook for our film.

We're presently planning another shoot day - there are a few scenes to be added that will strengthen the story - and another shoot day means more cash to raise. Along with the additional shoot day (in ABQ) we need a full sound mix and score, and some ADR, along with color correcting. A local (Brooklyn) producer, after viewing our cut, was kind enough to offer color correct services at no cost. Big lift. The cost of sound and music work has been estimated and I'm preparing to hit the street with my begging cup after the New Year to get the relatively small amount of funds to finish DR and get it right and ready for the world. I'm feeling good about the prospects of finding support.

If you factor in the day of shooting, the fine cut, sound mix, score, etc., the sum of that equation equals DR ready for any and all festivals and/or distributors early spring, 2010. That's the plan and I'm certain nothing will stop us from getting this done on schedule. We're all looking forward to sharing Desert Rain with all of you.

If you haven't checked out the trailer, we're on YouTube. Follow this link: tinyurl.com/drtrailer. We're also on twitter: twitter.com/desertrainmovie.

Thanks for your continued support and Happy Holidays!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment