Thursday, June 10, 2010

Radio Silence


I don't know why I titled the post as such, but I'm going with my gut on that one. So yeah, nine months after wrapping principal photography and three months after re-shoots we're still editing. Still! But hey, that's the process. Sometimes life gets in the way, sometimes you have to take jobs to pay bills, and sometimes the creative mojo just ain't pumpin' at a rate conducive to cutting feature films. It's all good.

I'm updating today because tomorrow ends a very productive week on the final cut. We're halfway home as of tomorrow, and that's after one intensive week of fine tuning. By this time next week I hope to be making final tweaks and prepping for the pass off to sound and color - those guys have been waiting patiently. I'm so happy with the state of the film at this point I'm almost giddy...almost. Still some hangups, but I'm sure after sound and score and color I'll be quite the happy camper and we'll all have a little movie to be proud of.

Stay tuned and keep it here for updates. You can also check out the website - www.desertrainthemovie.com....the twitter page - desertrainmovie is our user name....or join our ranks on Facebook.

Chop, chop, chop!!!!!!!!!!! (That's the sound of the film being cut. It doesn't REALLY sound like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment